The EOSC Focus project will support the co-programmed EOSC Partnership in delivering its mission of establishing Open Science as the "new normal" and achieving the key objectives, outlined in the Memorandum of Understanding between the European Union and the EOSC Association.
The project has been awarded by the European Commission through the Horizon Europe call INFRA-2021-EOSC-01-02 “Supporting the development and coordination of activities of the EOSC Partnership”.
Duration: 36 months, 1 June 2022 to 31 May 2025
Funding source: Horizon Europe
Call identifier: HORIZON-INFRA-2021-EOSC-01
Summary of main topic and goals EOSC Focus will support the co-programmed EOSC Partnership in delivering its mission of establishing Open Science as the “new normal”. The project is the Coordination and Support Action that will support the EOSC Partnership in achieving the ambitious goals set in the EOSC Co-programmed Partnership Memorandum of Understanding. The project will also offer coordination and operational support to the EOSC Association Task Forces and will work in close collaboration with the EOSC Association Board of Directors to advance the EOSC Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (SRIA) and the EOSC monitoring framework.
As per its acronym, Focusing on Open, Collaboration and Useful Science, and EOSC Focus aims at:
- Provide an effective stakeholder forum
- Consolidate and enhance existing monitoring frameworks
- Identify strategic gaps to inform future integrations of the SRIA
- Develop and test resourcing models for a sustainable EOSC
- Implement the EOSC Rules of Participation (RoP)
- Collaborate with EOSC projects, other partnerships and international initiatives
- EOSC Association (EOSC-A) | Coordinator | Belgium
- Technische Universität Graz (TU Graz) | Austria
- Technische Universität Wien (TU Wien) | Austria
- Narodowe Centrum Nauki (NCN) | Poland
- Stichting EGI (EGI) | Netherlands
- Belnet Belgisch Telematica Onderzoeknetwerk (Belnet) | Belgium
- Centro de Investigación Ecológica y Aplicaciones Forestales (CREAF) | Spain
- CLARIN-ERIC (CLARIN) | Netherlands
- CSC-Tieteen Tietotekniikan Keskus OY (CSC) | Finland