EOSC Steering Board representatives
In 2021 the National Strategy for Open Science for years 2021-2028 with its first Action Plan for years 2021-2022 was adopted. It aims to improve the availability of the Slovak science results and to change the system of research and evaluation processes towards greater transparency, reproducibility, and integrity. Since 2021, adoption of open science policies at the universities also started. There is still lack of technical infrastructure, however repositories can be found at some universities. Almost 45% of all publications in Slovakia are published through open access.
National working group for international cooperation, research infrastructures and EOSC
National working group for international cooperation, research infrastructures and EOSC (contact email: email@example.com) is a strategic and advisory body to establish the position of the country within EOSC. It coordinates the activities at national level into EOSC with members from the Slovak Centre of Scientific and Technical Information (CVTI SR), the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport, the Slovak Academy of Sciences, the Slovak Rector´s Conference, the Council for Higher Education, the Research Agency, the Slovak Research and Development Agency, national ESFRI delegate, representatives of Slovakia in research infrastructures, Ministry of Investments, Regional Development and Informatization of the Slovak Republic, Government Office of the Slovak Republic, SANET (Slovak Academic Network), and GAIA-X SK.
Slovak Centre of Scientific and Technical Information
The Slovak Centre of Scientific and Technical Information (CVTI SR, contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org) is a public body under the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport established in 1938. It is the national information centre for science, technology, innovation and education and specialised scientific library of the Slovak Republic. It coordinates activities and ensures the operation of interdisciplinary R&D centres and national infrastructures for research, development, innovation and education. It also hosts the National Contact Points for HORIZON EUROPE and ensures operation of the Slovak Liaison Office for R&D in Brussels.
SCSTI’s mission is to promote the development of science, technology and education in Slovakia by:
- Building and operation of information systems for R&D; library and information funds,
- Providing library and information services for wide expert public;
- National Open Access point;
- Organising activities to support the management and evaluation of research,
- Development and higher education;
- Preparing and implementing of support projects for research, development and education;
- Popularising science and technology in society.
National Tripartite Event Slovakia
The Slovak Centre of Scientific and Technical Information (CVTI SR) is hosting Slovakia´s first National Tripartite Event on May 31, 2023. CVTI SR is the national information centre for science, technology, innovation and education. This year...
Slovak Open Science Forum
The Slovak Centre of Scientific and Technical Information organizes the Slovak Open Science Forum. This conference is to be held... Read more
Open Science Week, CVTI SR
On the occasion of Open Access Week, the Slovak Centre of Scientific and Technical Information (CVTI SR) is organising a... Read more
- Policy Open Access and preservation of scientific information: targets of this policy include (1) to co-ordinate measures listed in European Commission Recommendation on “Access to and preservation of scientific information”; (2) to co-operate with the European Commission in exchanging experience and creation of common principles, standards and implementation measures within the European Research Area; (3) to co-operate with the European Commission in reporting about Recommendation implementation. The SC STI serves as the National Point of Reference for this policy.
- National Strategy for Open Science (2021-2028): this policy includes the definition of the whole process from research planning, research activities (storage, management and analysis of research data), research results (publishing and long-term preservation) and financing the costs of open access publishing.
EOSC in Practice
Embracing the principles of transparency, reproducibility, and accessibility, these examples highlight the innovative approaches adopted by researchers across various disciplines. From open data sharing and collaborative platforms to pre-registration and open peer review, these practices enhance scientific integrity and contribute to the advancement of knowledge.
Anna Krivjanska – CVTI SR
News from Slovakia
Members and Observers from Slovakia
Slovak Centre of Scientific and Technical…
The Slovak Scientific and Technical Information Centre (CVTI SR) is a national information centre for science, technology, innovation and education...
Please find here the EOSC-related projects where members from this country are involved as partners.
Artificial Intelligence for the European Open Science Cloud
AI4EOSC project will deliver an enhanced set services for the development of AI, ML and DL models and applications in the......