The EOSC Focus project will support the co-programmed EOSC Partnership in delivering its mission of establishing Open Science as the “new normal” and achieving the key objectives, outlined in the Memorandum of Understanding between the European Union and the EOSC Association.
The project has been awarded by the European Commission through the Horizon Europe call INFRA-2021-EOSC-01-02 “Supporting the development and coordination of activities of the EOSC Partnership”.
Duration: 36 months, 1 June 2022 to 31 May 2025
Funding source: Horizon Europe
Call identifier: HORIZON-INFRA-2021-EOSC-01
Summary of main topic and goals: EOSC Focus will support the co-programmed EOSC Partnership in delivering its mission of establishing Open Science as the “new normal”. The project is the Coordination and Support Action that will support the EOSC Partnership in achieving the ambitious goals set in the EOSC Co-Programmed Partnership Memorandum of Understanding. The project will also offer coordination and operational support to the EOSC Association Task Forces and will work in close collaboration with the EOSC Association Board of Directors to advance the EOSC Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (SRIA) and the EOSC monitoring framework.
- EOSC Association (EOSC-A) | Coordinator | Belgium
- Technische Universität Graz (TU Graz) | Austria
- Technische Universität Wien (TU Wien) | Austria
- Narodowe Centrum Nauki (NCN) | Poland
- Stichting EGI (EGI) | Netherlands
- Belnet Belgisch Telematica Onderzoeknetwerk (Belnet) | Belgium
- Centro de Investigación Ecológica y Aplicaciones Forestales (CREAF) | Spain
- CLARIN-ERIC (CLARIN) | Netherlands
- CSC-Tieteen Tietotekniikan Keskus OY (CSC) | Finland
Focusing on Open, Collaboration and Useful Science, EOSC Focus aims to:
- Provide an effective stakeholder Forum
- Consolidate and enhance existing monitoring frameworks
- Identify strategic gaps to inform future integrations of the SRIA
- Develop and test resourcing models for a sustainable EOSC
- Implement the EOSC Rules of Participation (RoP)
- Collaborate with EOSC projects, other partnerships and international initiatives
- Project Quality and Risk Management Plan
- Data Management Plan
- Selection of KPIs to be reported by HE projects
- Annual report published by the EOSC-A & monitoring framework revision (first release)
- Technical Collaboration Plan with other European Partnerships and relevant initiatives
- Resourcing models
- Report in the form of the half-yearly digest on EOSC technical activities following the ETCC
- Annual report published by the EOSC-A & monitoring framework revision (second release)
- Annual report published by the EOSC-A & monitoring framework revision (third release)
- Technical Collaboration Report with other European Partnerships and relevant initiatives
- Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (SRIA) update
- Sustainability status and plans/issues for future work
- Engagement Activities Review
Deliverables are under approval.
Highlight: EOSC Focus interview series with EOSC-A Mandated Organisations
EOSC Winter School 2024
The EOSC Winter School is an initiative by EOSC-A, taken up in response to collaboration needs among Horizon Europe EOSC-related projects.
The EOSC Winter School was conceptualised following a suggestion at the European Commission’s June coordination meeting, which identified a significant collaboration gap in the Horizon Europe (HE) EOSC-related projects. The EOSC Association, with the support of the EOSC Focus project, the HE EOSC-related projects, and local organisers from the RAISE project consortium, have organised the EOSC Winter School to address these gaps and to deepen technical understanding in various “opportunity areas”.
Visit the Winter School page for registration and programme information.