EURAMET Open Consultation on Metrology for Digital Transformation
Tuesday, 9 November 2021, 14:00 - 16:00 CET
Industry, health, climate, society – in all areas, digital transformation is changing the way we live and work. Digital transformation cannot happen without reliable digital data.
Reliable measurements, producing data for digital systems, continue to be essential for innovation, productivity, and evidence-based decision making. Metrology fosters the development of tools ensuring that measured and processed data in digital systems is accurate and reliable - underpinning the value of data and data products for the end user.
In this open consultation EURAMET, the European Association of National Metrology Institutes, invites stakeholders to share their vision on digital transformation and related measurement science needs. These stakeholder needs will help guide the development of the 2022 call “Metrology support for Digital Transformation” within the proposed European Partnership on Metrology.
Speakers include representatives from EFFRA and the Made in Europe Partnership, ADRA and the AI, Data, and Robotics Partnership, the European Open Science Cloud and the International Data Spaces Association.
To take part, and help shape Europe’s digital metrology agenda, please register here >>
The event aims to:
- bring together stakeholders from industry & science and other interested parties and
- assess the major needs of the European industry & society in terms of metrology for digital transformation, that might be addressed by the EURAMET community and within the proposed European Partnership on Metrology;
Discussion topics will include:
- The role of data quality for industry and science
- Sensor networks in industry and elsewhere
- Quality of and confidence in AI
The event will conclude with a panel discussion with the invited speakers.
A preliminary agenda will be available shortly.