The EOSC Association (EOSC-A) was established in July 2020 as a not-for-profit international Association (AISBL) in Belgium. With already over 230 member and observer organisations from across Europe, the Association represents a single voice for the advocacy and representation for the broader EOSC Stakeholder community in Europe, promoting alignment of EU research policy and priorities. An essential role of the Association is to continuously develop the EOSC Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (SRIA) which will influence future EOSC activities at institutional, national and EU level.
EOSC is being built in a bottom-up approach by its community financed by the European, national, and institutional funding streams. The European level is governed by the Horizon Europe co-programmed EOSC Partnership which was kicked-off in summer 2021. Thanks to the EC commitment, Horizon Europe calls in the order of 490 MEUR will be launched over the next seven years that offer the community to actively contribute and shape EOSC. One of the privileges of this EOSC Partnership is that the awarded INFRA-EOSC projects need to align and interface closely with the EOSC Association.
Under the technical leadership of its Chief Technology Officer (CTO), the EOSC Association is driving the update of the SRIA with the help of 13 Task Forces that have been recently established and which comprise over 300 representatives of the EOSC community.
To support the delivery of the technical ambitions of the SRIA the EOSC Association AISBL is seeking to fill the position of Technology Officer as soon as possible.
In this role you will be part of the Secretariat, which advises and supports the General Assembly and the Board. You will be reporting to the Secretary General and will be closely working with the CTO, who is your supervisor for the content of your work.
The Technology Officer will support the CTO in achieving the technical ambitions of EOSC in the following areas:
- Contribute to the procurement of the EOSC-core as will be described in a procurement call by the European Commission
- Engage with relevant stakeholders throughout the lifetime of the action
EU-funded projects and activities:
- Drive the co-development of a pan-European infrastructure of EOSC Services including AAI, Software and general infrastructure in support of EOSC
- Assess the results of closing H2020 projects regarding its relevance for EOSC-A and their potential integration and/or maintenance
- Advise closing H2020 projects on their sustainability commitments
- Closely collaborate with ongoing H2020 projects, namely EOSC Future and the so-called 07-projects
- Enable technical convergence by closely coordinating with newly awarded Horizon Europe projects
EOSC-A Task Forces:
- Support and facilitate the work of the Advisory Groups and Task Forces of the EOSC-A
- Write policy papers, briefings, reports, and other internal and external documents
- Collecting and coordinating relevant information from partners of the ecosystem
Broader ecosystem and international Dimension:
- Engage with the boarder ecosystem on European and international level to identify and present relevant results and success stories
- Identify relevant international contacts within research infrastructures and research organizations able to deliver desirable contributions
Your general skills set and expertise:
- Previous involvement in EU or nationally funded research projects delivering complex technical solutions
- Strong awareness of the EOSC and Open Science ambitions with technical knowledge in some of the EOSC technical themes as defined in the SRIA
- Strong collaboration and networking skills
- Experience in working in an international environment
- Arrange and execute online and physical events in relation to the EOSC Ecosystem and EOSC Technologies
- Excellent oral and written command of English
The Technology Officer must together cover the following skills set:
- Computation & storage infrastructure technologies both on premise and in cloud
- Software development and distribution
- Authentication and Authorization Infrastructure (AAI) and Identity Federations
- Network Infrastructure Technologies on local, regional and global level
- Semantic interoperability and data discovery skills
- Data management strategy and data distribution tools & technologies
- Distributed Research Infrastructures
- Remote collaboration and event technologies.
To be successful and perform well in this position you are:
- Self-motivated, objective driven with ability to work autonomously
- Demonstrate a high-level of perseverance and persistence in achieving your goals
- Able to work effectively in a team
- Committed to meeting deadlines
Mandatory requirements are:
- Academic degree in a subject relevant to the portfolio of responsibilities, e.g., computer science, ICT Management or similar experience
- Good knowledge of the EU institutions and the decision-making processes, as well as policy areas relevant to the topic such as Research and Innovation, Open Science, the Digital Single Market
- Experience in facilitating, coordinating and leading cross project multi stakeholder international projects and working groups
- Experience working in a multicultural, international context
- Capacity to learn and evolve with the job and the needs of the organisation
- Legal entitlement to work in Belgium
What we offer?
This is an opportunity to work with an extremely motivated, broad, and diverse scientific community that is paving the way to Open Science. You will interact with decision makers within the community, the EU institutions and on member state level and will contribute to enabling impactful science in the digital age.
We offer a permanent position in our newly established office in Brussels. We welcome applications regardless of nationality, ethnicity, social background, religion or philosophy, age, sexual orientation, and identity.
The EOSC Association AISBL is seeking to fill the position of Technology Officer as soon as possible.
The Technology Officer will be part of the Secretariat, which advises and supports the General Assembly and the Board. You will be reporting to the Secretary General and will be closely working with the CTO, who is the supervisor for the content of the work.
Please send your CV and your cover letter by email referencing “Technology Officer” to email@example.com